Here is a collection of 6 free ‘Realtime‘ Google Analytics Dashboards that you can use for any website. The 6 Dashboards are as follows:
- Realtime Overview
- Realtime Channels
- Realtime Geographic Info
- Realtime Organic Search
- Realtime Content
- Realtime Social Media
Each of the dashboards is designed to be functional in the real world, and each is designed to be useful for any type of site from Ecommerce, to Magazine, to Lead Generation, etc.
There’s a full description of each below, along with a link to the individual dashboards. At the end of the post there’s a link allowing you to add all the dashboards at once to any Google Analytics account.
1. Realtime Overview Dashboard
This ‘Realtime Overview’ dashboard covers:
- Total Active Visitors (with % breakdown by medium)
- New vs Returning Visitors (broken down by medium)
- Top Active Pages (by URL)
- Top Active Pages (by Title)
- Pageviews (Last 30 Minutes)
- Pageviews (Last 60 Seconds)
Add it to any Google Analytics profile with this link: http://bit.ly/rtoverview
2. Realtime Channel Dashboard
The ‘Channel’ dashboard covers:
- Organic Search Visitors
- Paid Search Visitors
- Direct Visitors
- Referral Visitors
- Social Visitors
- ‘Other’ Visitors (ie. the remainder outside of the above, which may include email traffic, and any other tagged campaigns)
- Medium Breakdown (top 10)
- Social Source Breakdown
Add the ‘Channel’ dashboard to any Google Analytics profile with this link: http://bit.ly/rtchannels
3. Realtime Geographic Dashboard
The ‘Geographic’ dashboard covers:
- Returning visitors currently on the site
- New visitors currently on the site
- Visual breakdown by country
- Trendline of activity on the site over the last 30 minutes
- Top 10 Countries with current active visitors
- Top 10 Cities with current active visitors
Add the ‘Geographic’ dashboard to any Google Analytics profile using this link: http://bit.ly/rtgeographic
4.Realtime Organic Search Dashboard
The ‘Organic Search’ dashboard contains the following:
- Active Visitors (By Search Engine)
- Search Visitor Trend (Last 30 Minutes)
- Top 10 Keywords (All)
- Top 10 Keywords (Non-Brand) – click the ‘pencil’ and replace ‘YOURBRANDHERE’ with your brand name then hit ‘save’.
- Top 10 Keywords (Brand) – again, click the pencil icon & replace ‘YOURBRANDHERE’ with your brand name then hit ‘save’.
As you can see from the graphic, I’ve added ‘(EDIT THIS)’ into the title of a couple of the widgets there. Those are on the ‘Brand’ and ‘Non-Brand’ specific widgets. To edit those, move the mouse over each and a small pencil will appear at the top right of the widget. Click that, and then you’ll see I’ve placed ‘YOURBRANDHERE’ in one of the filters. By changing that to your most used brand name(s), it will then filter based on your own brand terms.
To add this to any Google Analytics profile, use this link: http://bit.ly/rtorganic
(note: I haven’t included a PPC dashboard, as I thought it would be fairly easy for you to copy the ‘organic’ dashboard and make your own. Do drop a comment if you’d like me to add one though).
5. Realtime Content Dashboard
This is a slightly different dashboard – as you can see from the above. It simply lists the top 10 currently viewed pages on the site, segmented by various different means. From that you can answer the questions ‘what are visitors looking at on my site right now?’, ‘what are visitors from social media looking at right now?’, etc. You may wish to add others for your key channels.
It was tempting to add lots of other widgets here for the sake of it, but I thought this the most useful format.
To add this to any Google Analytics profile, use this link: http://bit.ly/rtcontent
6. Realtime Social Dashboard
The realtime ‘Social’ dashboard contains:
- Number of active visitors from social media (with a % bar showing split by social network)
- Number of returning vs new visitors from social media.
- Social visitor trend over the last 60 seconds.
- Social visitor trend over the last 30 minutes
- Top pages currently being viewed by visitors who arrived via social media
- Top social sources. (eg. Twitter, Facebook)
- Top cities where visitors are currently active on the site via social media
To add the social dashboard to any Google Analytics profile, use this link: http://bit.ly/rtsocial
Add All the Dashboards at Once
You can add all of these dashboards at once to any Google Analytics profile you choose, simply by logging in to Google Analytics & then hitting this link: http://bit.ly/6realtimedashboards . (note: there’s a small bug in Google Analytics meaning it will give you an error message the first time you do this. Submit it again & you should be fine.)
Any requests or questions?
Do drop me a note if you’d like me to add any others, or if you have any questions. I send out an occasional email containing info like this. Enter your email address below if you’d like me to include you on the list.
You can also follow me below on twitter, or share this with others.